The CHVRA was formed in 1938. We are non-political,run on a voluntary basis by local residents by local residents. we keep in touch with our members through a team of street representatives (road stewards) who deliver newsletters and collect subscriptions. Our Executive Committee (elected annually at our AGM) is happy to listen to concerns and comments on what is happening in the neighbourhood.
Our key aim is to preserve the character of our area and take up local issues that require pressure on housing in the south-east things are changing and the rate of change is increasing One of the things that we do as an Association is to monitor planning proposals and raise objections to those that we consider inappropriate Our voice is respected by the planning authorities with the majority of our objections being upheld.
We form part of a network of residents associations that the London Borough of Bromley and others depend upon to represent local views on local issues.
What we do
We act on behalf of Coney Hall Village residents. In particular we:
- Fight undesirable planning development.
- Work to preserve and improve or local park and open spaces.
- Act to resolve traffic, parking-and road-safety issues.
- Ensure that roads and footpath’s are maintained and repaired.
- Combat vandalism, litter and graffiti.
- Liaise with our Community Police
- Work with local Councillors, the London Borough of Bromley, and others who share our interests and objectives.
- Produce a twice yearly newsletter in the Spring and Autumn
- Provide a website information service .
- Hold open meetings on topics of local interest.
In short, we exist to make sure that Coney Hall Village retains the atmosphere and attractions that made us all choose to settle here in the first place.
Why you should join
It is important that we maintain a high level of membership from within the Coney Hall area if our voice is to be heard and if we are to put forward our case in the light of conflicting priorities.
The more members we have , the stronger is our voice
And joining won’t break the bank ! All we ask for is the subscription of £2 per household collected annually by our road stewards